Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thank you, Facebook for Making It Happen!!

Working on an animated film on the side has been quite a different yet exciting experience for me who has practically shot live-action films for all my few years of doing professional production work. And technology today has made it possible for me to handle a film work with my entire team about 8,000 miles away. I'm currently in the US, but the so-called Facebook group has become such a very useful platform for us to become really productive!!




Looking back...

I remember the time I shot my third film, we were going crazy on the set as we couldn't find a flash drive with some production documents we urgently needed. Then we had to settle for something that was in my mobile phone. We needed a photo as a key prop for my film "Pera-perahang Lata" (Penny from the Tin Can) and we won't be able to use copyrighted photo for it, of course. So we settled for something I had in my mobile phone so the art department can print it out ASAP and we can continue shooting and minimize all the delays.

But hey, now, everything can already be backed up, archived, and accessed online! Except for very sensitive documents, that you would want to keep out of the world wide web, you don't have to encounter delays on your projects with what technology has brought us.

No more minutes of the meeting and the like... every comment, discussion, submission, things are just a few clicks away, everytime, everywhere... (Internet-permitting, of course) =p

No comments:

Post a Comment